Asbestos, mold, and lead can present a serious risk to your personal safety. Professional evaluation and removal of hazardous materials, by a trained and qualified company is essential to reduce the health risk posed by exposure to asbestos, mold, and lead.
- You may be uncertain whether mold, asbestos or lead is in your home, and who can assist you in determining what needs to be done.
- Discovering the presence of hazardous materials in your home or business can threaten your sense of personal safety and well-being.
- It can create fear about the cost to remove it, and uncertainty regarding whether your safety has been compromised.
- You may feel ill-equipped and uninformed regarding the potential dangers of asbestos, mold, or lead.
First General’s trained experts will equip you with knowledge and guidance.
- The team at First General will facilitate an assessment of the presence of hazardous materials in coordination with an environmental hygiene firm to ensure you have accurate information and evaluation of any potential risk.
- We will communicate the costs for removal of asbestos, mold and lead and will outline the safety measures that will be followed.
- A project manager will outline all the potential risks and create and execute a plan for the safe removal of hazardous materials.
Contact First General Today
Evaluation of risks and a plan to ensure your safety
Clearly communicated costs and procedures
Trained and certified experts
Mold growth is a common problem in buildings. While some types of mold are harmless, others can cause health issues such as respiratory problems, allergies and other health issues. Mold requires moisture to grow, therefor it is most often associated with an underlying water leak or sustained high humidity in a building. Uncovering the cause of the mold growth is essential in order to permanently eliminate the potential for continued mold growth and eliminate risks to personal health and safety.
Asbestos is a mineral fibre that has been widely used in construction materials and other products. While asbestos is a highly effective insulator it can be extremely dangerous to human health. The hidden dangers of asbestos are linked to its small, light-weight fibres that can become airborne and inhaled when disturbed. Inhalation of these fibres can lead to serious health problems that can take years or even decades to develop. There is no safe level of exposure to asbestos. It is important to hire professionals trained in asbestos abatement and removal to minimize the risk of asbestos exposure.
Lead containing materials are a hidden danger in homes, particularly those build before 1978. When lead-based paint or other materials deteriorate or are disturbed, they can release particles into the air. Ingesting or inhaling lead can cause health problems, especially in children. Lead poisoning can increase the risk of heart disease and other health problems. It is important to hire trained professionals to remove or encapsulate any materials containing lead.
Taking steps to ensure your safety:
- Removal of hazardous materials requires specialized training and expertise and in-depth knowledge of the procedures necessary to ensure safe removal.
- Compliance with provincial and federal safety protocols for removal of asbestos, mold and lead is essential to protect your liability and ensure the safety of the occupants of your home or business.
- Our hazardous material remediation experts are professionally trained and certified, giving you peace of mind that all potential risks will be eliminated.
We will earn your trust through, clear, honest, and effective communication.
We will respect you, your home, and your belongings.
We will be accountable for our actions and provide solutions when challenges arise.
Schedule a Free Hazmat Inspection
Our team is ready to assist you with the evaluation and removal of mold, asbestos or lead.
Make First General Your First Call
If disturbed, mold, asbestos and lead can present a significant health hazard to you and the occupants of your home or business. Allow the specialists at First General to complete an no-cost inspection and equip you with the information you need to determine your next steps. Removing hazardous materials can be costly so we want to ensure you are fully informed regarding the risks, costs and procedures that are required to safely and effectively eliminate mold, asbestos and lead containing materials.