Fire & Smoke Damage
Having a fire damage your home is devastating. It requires a company with the expertise to evaluate and repair the damage, and people who will build trust, and provide compassionate communication throughout the process.
- Experiencing a fire in your home can threaten your sense of safety and security.
- The emotional devastation and loss may feel overwhelming.
- It can feel like you will never get back what you have lost.
Our knowledgeable and compassionate team members ensure a positive outcome.
- We listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and collaborate with you and your insurance company.
- We will immediately secure your home, begin to restore your belongings, and protect your home from additional damage.
- We will work with you side by side to ensure your home is completely restored and all your contents are professionally documented and handled with care and concern.
Quick response is critical.
Damage from smoke and water or other chemicals used to extinguish the fire can rapidly deteriorate the structure and contents in your home. Protect the value of your home by responding quickly to prevent further damage from occurring.
Contact First General Today
We work with the insurance company and handle the details
Trusted experts to guide you each step of the way
Clear communication and transparency throughout the process
Facilitating repairs caused by a fire requires knowledgeable experts. Experts who understand how complex damage from smoke and fire can be, and how it can affect the structural integrity of your home.
Even a small fire can create significant smoke, creating a risk to the occupants and the building materials in your home. Remediation requires attention to detail from every member of the team throughout the evaluation, documentation and cleaning of contents and facilitation of the structural repairs and finishing details.
First General provides expert advice and consultation to help you understand the impact of the event, and what steps and costs will be required to make your home safe.
A fire loss is so much more than damage to your home, but also the loss of treasured memories, irreplaceable belongings, and a loss of safety and control. First General’s project managers understand how important it is to be a trusted partner to guide you through the process and understand your concerns.
First General is a partner that cares about you and your home:
- Compassionate and knowledgeable staff will guide you throughout the process and communicate with you and your insurance company.
- The team at First General will complete an in-depth inspection, evaluate the damage, and provide a plan and estimated cost for repair.
- We will prioritize the cleaning of high priority, high value, and belongings of sentimental value to you and your family.
- Our contents team will provide photo documentation of all the contents affected, clean and restore your belongings, and provide reports to you and your insurance company quickly to help you determine what needs to be replaced.
We will earn your trust through, clear, honest, and effective communication.
We will respect you, your home, and your belongings.
We will be accountable for our actions and provide solutions when challenges arise.
Schedule a No Cost Evaluation
Our team is ready to provide a speedy resolution to your fire or smoke damage emergency.
Make Your First Call First General
The damage caused by smoke during a fire can be far more significant than it first appears. Different materials react differently to fire and can create hidden damage and leave residue that requires specialized cleaning. Smoke can travel through HVAC systems and seep behind cabinets and into outlets creating potentially hazardous odour. Removing the source of the odour and cleaning up soot and smoke residue is critical to creating a safe environment. If you are unsure if a small fire has caused smoke damage in your home or business call us for a no cost evaluation.