First General Services of Vancouver Island (“FG”) is a leading provider of disaster response (fire, flood, wind and more), mitigation and hazardous materials remediation and reconstruction services.
Locally owned and operated, FG services the mid-island region and has become a trusted adviser to its customers and partners.
The Field and Water Technician (“FWT”) is a crucial member of the FG team responsible for performing emergency flood response, mitigation and restoration services to a wide variety of residential and commercial customers. Working in a fast paced, dynamic and sometimes unpredictable environment, the FWT displays exemplary flexibility and customer focus to help FG and its customer achieve their goals.
- Complete the activities listed on daily work orders and keep an accurate log of consumables and equipment used, along with progress of work.
- Utilize provided systems and software and photo document all work and site visits, this includes FG’s job management, time sheet and contents management systems.
- Work well through ambiguity and take a positive approach to every situation.
- Mechanical aptitude with an understanding of equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Drive company vehicles courteously and responsibly, obeying all traffic laws.
- Perform a wide variety of manual labour tasks including demolition (floor tear-out, drywall removal, cleaning etc)
- and flood restoration activities (installing drying equipment, capturing moisture readings).
- Experience in a construction or restoration environment is an asset
- Ability to safely use a variety of power tools and equipment
- Proven customer service skills
- Class 5 driver's license
The FWT is the go-to person to get things done onsite. They perform a wide variety of tasks and are the face of FG to our valued customers and partners in the insurance industry. Working alongside other FG team members they play on each- others strength and receive mentorship through the completion of tasks/projects.