First General Services of Vancouver Island is seeking a full-time Project Manager (“PM”) to join our AWESOME and
First General offers a competitive salary, commission, education opportunities, extended health benefits, and a company phone, laptop and vehicle.
The PM plans and manages a variety of mitigation and reconstruction projects throughout the mid-island region. Working collaboratively alongside their First General team members, the PM is accountable for ensuring high quality service delivery across their portfolio of residential and commercial projects. To our customer, insurance partners and sub-trade vendors, the PM is the face of First General. Their ability to navigate through uncertainty on a project and overcome adversity directly attributes to the success of a project.
- Prompt, pro-active, positive, and professional, the PM instills confidence in First Generals employees, partners and customers.
- Performs site visits and inspections as needed, ensuring high-quality sketches, notes and photos are produced to document onsite visits and aid in the creation of estimates, scope of work, and change order documentation.
- The PM will create project estimates, plans, schedules, change orders, and status reports, ensuring projects are progressing and stakeholders are always well-informed.
- Utilizing a variety of software applications (Project Management System, Xactimate Estimating Tool, Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.) and technology, the PM will drive projects to success in four key areas: scope, schedule, budget, and client satisfaction.
- Works closely with Project coordinator to coordinates all third parties, subcontractors, and material deliveries for each job, ensuring that each has the appropriate understanding of the task, project, and site safety procedures.
- Produce project or program specific reports at the appropriate interval or upon request.
- Frequently updates all assigned open project records and communicates status to the appropriate stakeholders.
The PM role sets the pace and tasks/deliverables for many other functions within Rainbow. Therefore, there are several important metrics that help define success for the PM role including:
- Project and Program gross profit percentage
- Project schedule, budget, scope, and client satisfaction
- Status reporting adherence
- Sales metrics
The PM is an integral part of First General’s operations team, ensuring that field technicians, customers and the management team have a clear understanding of the scope of work, budget, schedule, and status of a project. Utilizing their innate leadership and communication skills, the PM excels in keeping organized, staying calm under pressure, and setting themselves up and those around them for success.